Monday 25 November 2013

Komedia, Brighton, November 2013

I love seeing the Dylan Project because you always get a little bit more than you thought you were in for. It might be a Bob classic you just haven't heard for a long time. It might be something off one of those 80's albums you've never got round to buying. Shortly before this gig I found a newspaper cutting I'd taken from the Birmingham Mail in 1979, about Steve Gibbons opening The Girls' and Boys' Exhibition for the Boys Brigade. I took it to the show and after another great set, I approached the stage and presented it to Mr Gibbons. He said he remembered it well and loved working with Norman Wisdom that day and playing the Bugle for the boys.

So you go and see the Dylan Project and end up chatting to the legendary Steve Gibbons about Norman Wisdom and playing the bugle. Like I said. You always get a bit more than you bargained for. As well as an evening of good humour and top-notch music.

Till the next time.
- Toby Goodyer

No comments:

Post a Comment