Thursday 15 December 2011

St. Edith's Hall

"Hope this isn't too schmaltzy, but just to say how much I enjoyed last night's gig. I was totally blown away. A lifelong Dylan fan (since I was 9 years old), you transported me back to the times I have seen Dylan perform (before he lost his voice)! I'm amazed at the strength of Steve's voice and how great the band are - so tight. I bought the CD and am playing it right now - amazingly good. One wish......could you do Visions of Johanna next time you're down South? Not an easy one, I know.....

I actually met Steve in the 90's at a gig he did (not Dylan Project) at the Amersham Arms (The Gig) in New Cross. He sat down with me and my friend and signed a photo for me (To Tricia, with love Steve). That photo still takes pride of place on my lounge wall(amongst the unsigned Dylan ones!). I'm sure he won't remember me though of course! I wanted to tell you myself how much I enjoying your performance when you all went to the bar during the interval, but I was too shy and I guessed you kinda get sick of no-marks like me being sycophantic! I'm in my 50's now and still a bit star struck!! Pathetic eh?

Anyway, I'm still buzzing from seeing you last night so thank you again for stopping me in my tracks (like when I first heard Dylan) and making me feel alive again. I'll be on the look out for you and if the band or Steve do any gigs, I'll do my utmost to get there (hee hee a 50 year old groupie?...... well guess it's time to do what I should have done when I was 20 but was brought up too well.........damn my parents!!!).

May you stay forever young."

Love to you all
Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment